Saturday, November 04, 2006

Fort Wayne-Allen County Department of Health

The most surprising point of the story coming from the Fort Wayne-Allen County Department of Health is not that folks are being fired, but that more folks are not being fired for violations. I worked in this department as an independent contractor. Those who were left in charge were afraid of outsiders. As an independent contractor, they tried to order my steps and as most folks who will tell you ordering my steps does not come from incompetent folks. They wanted to oversee my creativity juices. They just did not understand I'm a free agent.

I was told that African-American women did not make it through the interview process because they dressed liked they were going to church with their flowery prints. Flowery dresses are better than jeans any day. They needed someone more professional looking. From me working with this group for a brief time looking at one wearing an Easter dress for a maternity dress or one just got out of bed look wardrobe, I think they should have been happy to see some sista dressed with pride. But, no, these women were competitive, and they did not won't educated sista up in their mix. I think the undercurrent of finding fault with the churchgoing women , was more than like these women would not work under the unethical work habits of these folks and would blow the whistle. Of course I was not a print wearing sista, but I still had ethic which explains why we parted company quickly and they paid.

Yes, you need to clean house Paul Moss and you just scratched the surface. And try to hire qualified folks instead of folks who like each other, you know the saying birds of the saying, corrupt together.

No comments:

Post a Comment