Thursday, December 28, 2006

Habari gani - Kujichagulia/Kwanzaa reflection

Self-determination-to define ourselves, name ourselves, create for ourselves and speak for ourselves.


I changed my name during high school. I changed my name again, years later. I enjoy explaining who I am beyond the label given to me or about me. I enjoy creating my expression through writing and sharing my opinions about how I perceive stuff through my own personal lens. From my personal lens, I don't see a box that I must fit in but a path that I am not free to walk toward and to encourage others to walk toward self-determination.





Weisser Park Center Staff and Friends-Ms. Mac
Ramon Stevens


Mr. Jones and Nigel Brown


Fully understanding that a leaf changes overnight, that a miracle may just be waiting for us if we just work together towards a collective goal. It is a philosphy to prevent our communities from turning into ruins.



Monte Patterson/filmmaker-Ghost Town


Vendors celebrating Kwanzaa




#1 Roots of Wellness/Kellie D. Hicks/#2 Urban Update


Sankofa Gallery, LLC/ Glynn Hines/Pam Peterson-Hines

African Paradise/Camille

L'Elegance Fine Jewelry/Inez Collin


Much Scents, Inc./Elizabeth

Reeta's Fragrance/

Libation for Johnny Cochran-attorney

No comments:

Post a Comment