Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Racialized when you enter the Allen County Court House in search of Laura Shine's Divoce Paper

When you enter the courthouse it not the most friendly environment. But when you ask folks who work there about stuff especially stuff they general know more about than the public, some will try to dismiss you. And when you ask them questions that they are unable to answer, ooh they get upset and will call the law on you as if they are scared of you. In other words your presence is now labeled as a threat. I think they should get some more folks of color in the place, myself. Some of the new bimbos don't realize I have worked in the system and I definitely know how it works. Sometimes, I forget, I am African-American who is not in the system when I walk up into this crazy place. Listen to Dr. Karenga explain this racialization.
Gabcast! Fort Wayne African-American Independent Woman #13 - Racialization explained by Dr. Maulana Karenga

No comments:

Post a Comment