Monday, March 05, 2007

By Any other Name-Harrison SQuare Project

I've posted some of my thoughts about the project known at the beginning as the Downtown Stadium, Harrison Street Project. I have since settled on names like Harrison Square Park, Downtown Marriott Hotel, Condominium and National Chain Retail Stores, but will more information some of these titles are subject to change.

The revitalization of the Downtown area has stirred up some heated debate within the local blogosphere.

Councilman Samuel Talarico questioned a local blogger on his qualification in sitting down to take a look at the numbers driving this project. WoW

If Councilman Talarico questioned this budding CPA, can you imagine how he feels about folks who are not number crunchers? I've studied and drafted a state budget with projections. And I'm not even an accountant!!! I've studied the law and represented clients in courts of law and I'm not an attorney !!!


There is another blogger out conducting interviews and posting the interviews along with editorials and other stuff. I don't find the interviews to objective. The questions tend to be leading questions, too general and not getting to the meat of the subject.

I think both bloggers are finding out that answers are not readily available.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3/05/2007

    I read the interviews that you are referring to and I didn't find anything wrong with the questions.

    What questions would you ask, given the opportunity?

    ReplyDelete