Sunday, April 01, 2007

Wellllll....


If I never worked in a school system and had I not read about Shaquanda Cotton or read about the little seven year old boy who was placed in handcuffs, I could say what! But here it is again, this time a little girl taken away in handcuffs from her school. This is too much, Florida.

Police arrested a 6-year-old Florida girl and even handcuffed her when she acted out in class. Police officers said Desre'e Watson, a kindergarten student at Avon Elementary School in Highlands County, had a violent run-in with a teacher on Thursday
.

The police must be hard up in finding criminals. They have entered the school system and began arresting little ones. It ain't right. No it ain't right. If they are scared of the criminals on the street, give up the job. I don't care, how you try to sell it this is not community policing. Leave these children alone in the school.

Parents its time. It's time you went to school and take back your schools for educating your children. And if the teachers don't like the students they are teaching it is time for school boards to tell these so called wannabees to find another career. Parents it is time.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4/04/2007

    I wonder how you would handle a kid who was beating on you and you were forbidden to touch the child.

    Don't judge teachers unless you have some classroom experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, in intervene before a child escalates. Second, if the situation occurs you take control of the situation. Third, I have worked with children. I have worked in several school systems as a teacher I have ran my own day care, worked in the day cares.

    Some children will act out. I have had them threaten me, call me names, corner me. And my thoughts are nope, I am not the one.

    I have seen teachers challenge students. I have seen teachers ignore students. I have seen teachers not want to teacher certain students.

    Get over it. No adults should place their hands on another child unless that child is harm the teacher or other students.

    You can not convince me a 6 years old child should have been taken from a classroom because she was having a moment.

    Having taken early childhood education, I also understand separate anxiety. Sometimes small children began to miss their home environment and the nuturing they can get from family member that is absent from a one adult environment.

    So, no I am not judging teacheres, I am just telling it like it is.

    Thank you for your comment.

    ReplyDelete