Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Do not judge, or you too will be judged

Do not judge or you too will be judged has rained down on my head. The guilt from premature finger pointing assuredly come back to those who suggest Bishop Eddie Long may be guilty of the allegedly charges of sexual misconduct.

I can not do the battle of scriptures. I once asked my mother about a woman who kept saying she could see Jesus as she paraded back and forth across the pulpit,as I tried to no avail to also see him. I was told it was her faith that allowed her to see him.

More faith to want to see him.

More faith, not that the woman was lying because I didn't see him. Her faith had allowed her that moment. So, I understand those whom faith in spiritual leaders even when they do wrong. I tend to believe in a good tree cannot bear bad fruit. It is not that my standards are too high, but the biblical teachings about your deeds.

What does this mean, this means I need to do a better job of understanding the scriptures for me not to do battle with others on their interpretion. It means, I must truly believe when I tell others, that everyone that says, Lord, Lord is not necessarily looking out for the best interest of the congregation.

So do let us pray for all involved in the sex scandal and may the sex scandal continue to strengthen our faith in all that is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment