Monday, March 18, 2013

My commitment to my blog posts every year are almost close cousin to my new year resolutions. Although, I rarely announce my resolutions, it is essence for my blog to have at least a posting. So after three weeks, I think I am ready to do this. Went to the public swearing in ceremony of President Barack Obama. I was able to get a little closer than the 2009 ceremony. Unfortunately I was unable to see the parade or get the "money" picture of POTUS and FlOTUS walking the route. But a great feeling to witness the second event. I spent a lot of time walking, so many streets blocked off. If you were able to get to the street of the parade, late one had to endure long lines. The tunnel where folks were stuck in 2009 was blocked off and was completely empty. However,vendors were aplenty. As you made your way, souvenir buttons, t-shirts,pictures and calendars were staples of the day. Fashion statements were made as women strolled the walk with their full length mink coats and hats. The walk was brutal for the overweight, but we marched as if we had been exercising for months or at least applying Ben-Gay for two days. uUpdate: Thomas made National news with him wearing the flag on his head.

No comments:

Post a Comment